Posted on January 15, 2021 at 5:20 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 16,035 (up 159 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 16.2% (up 0.1% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 680 (up 2 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 166 (up 1 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 9,696 | Virginia: 268,330
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Health Department Launches Online COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Screening Survey; Adds Adults 65 to Phase 1b: The Loudoun County Health Department has launched an online pre-screening survey for COVID-19 vaccinations. All individuals and organizations in Loudoun in the Phase 1a and Phase 1b priority groups are now required to submit an online pre-screening survey. Requests for vaccine will no longer be accepted by email, as previously announced. Only those who do not have access to the internet may call the Health Department’s COVID-19 information line, 703-737-8300.
- Adults 65 and older have been moved into Phase 1b in the Commonwealth of Virginia’s vaccination distribution plan. People aged 16 through 64 years with a high-risk medical condition or disability that increases their risk of severe illness from COVID-19 have also been moved into Phase 1b.
- It is important to note that supplies of vaccine in Loudoun remain limited. There are significantly more requests for vaccine than there are vaccine doses available. As a result, the Health Department cannot schedule additional appointments at this time; however, the online pre-screening survey may be submitted by people in Phase 1a or Phase 1b and when additional vaccine supplies arrive in Loudoun, additional appointments can be offered. Read the news release
- Important Information about Appointments for Second Doses of Vaccine: Individuals in priority group 1a and 1b who have received their first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and have an account in the online vaccine appointment system are encouraged to log back into the system to schedule an appointment for a second dose when one becomes available. Individuals who cannot access the system or who scheduled a first appointment over the phone will need to schedule their second dose by phone as well. We ask for your patience as we work through scheduling those appointments in the coming weeks. For more information about COVID-19 vaccination efforts in Loudoun County, visit loudoun.gov/COVID19vaccine
- January 18 is Martin Luther King Jr Day: Loudoun County government administrative offices will be closed Monday, January 18, 2021, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. If you are planning to participate in any holiday-related activities such as service projects, see this guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for staying safe from COVID-19. There will be no COVID-19 Daily Summary Report on January 18. The next report will be published January 19, 2021.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
Loudoun County Public Schools
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #