Posted on January 7, 2021 at 4:38 PM by MaryFrances Forcier
Project Status: January 2021
- FEMA’s Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) became effective December 28, 2020. The revisions incorporate the results of Wood PLC’s watershed analysis. View the revised map here.
- The County has submitted a letter of map amendment (LOMA) on behalf of the 14 homeowners affected by the map change. FEMA regulations dictate a 30- to 60-day processing time for the LOMA.
- Once the new LOMA is issued by FEMA, it will include information that homeowners can submit to their lenders, which in some cases may reduce or eliminate the lender’s requirement for flood insurance.
- The Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) grant is currently being reviewed by the Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM).
- If VDEM approves, the grant application will be forwarded to FEMA in January 2021.
Stay Informed About This Project
If you have questions about the flood mitigation project, email Ryan Reed at the Department of Building and Development or call 703-737-8426.