Posted on December 31, 2020 at 4:21 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 14,169 (up 173 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 13.2% (up 0.7% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 652 (up 9 since last report)
- Total Deaths:159 (up 1 since last report)
- Total Vaccine Doses Administered - Loudoun: 1,928 | Virginia: 64,882
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Phased COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Begins in Loudoun County: With the arrival of the first shipment of COVID-19 vaccine, the first rounds of vaccinations are underway in Loudoun County. The county is following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and the Virginia Department of Health vaccination plan, which determines how the vaccine will be provided to the community in a phased approach. While there is currently a limited supply, Loudoun County continues to receive shipments and is distributing the vaccine as it is received. Read more about the COVID-19 vaccine distribution in today's earlier post
- Virtual Northern Virginia Housing Expo Starts January 1: The 2021 Northern Virginia Housing Expo will launch January 1, 2021, as a free virtual event geared to first-time homebuyers and renters. Loudoun County is one of the sponsors of the event, which will feature a virtual exhibit hall with dozens of exhibitors, free workshops for first-time homebuyers and renters, and personal financial counseling sessions. The virtual format allows the expo to schedule workshops and financial counseling sessions throughout the year. Learn more about the 2021 Northern Virginia Housing Expo.
- Celebrate the New Year Safely: You've seen this before, but it bears repeating: The safest way to celebrate the new year is to celebrate at home with the people who live with you or virtually with friends and family. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Read more advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Loudoun County Observes New Year's Holiday: There will be no COVID-19 Summary Report Friday, January 1, 2021, due to the New Year's Day holiday. Loudoun County government administrative offices are closed January 1. The next COVID-19 Summary Report is scheduled for Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #