Posted on November 2, 2020 at 1:33 PM by MaryFrances Forcier
Project Status: November 2020
At its October 20, 2020 meeting, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved the recommendation of the Finance, Government Operations and Economic Development Committee that the Board:
- Authorize staff to apply for a Flood Mitigation Assistance grant;
- Add the Selma Estates Flood Mitigation Project to the Amended FY 2021 – FY 2026 Capital Improvement Program;
- Commit to $3,409,841 in County funds in the FY 2022 CIP for the Selma Estates Flood Mitigation project. This funding is necessary for a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) grant.
Related information for homeowners:
- FEMA’s Letter of Map Revision (LOMR) will be effective December 28, 2020.
- The County will submit a letter of map amendment (LOMA) on behalf of the 14 homeowners affected by the map change. FEMA regulations dictate a 30- to 60-day processing time for the LOMA.
- Upon FEMA issuance of the new LOMA, that approval can be submitted by individual homeowners to their lender.
Stay Informed About This Project
If you have questions about the flood mitigation project, email Ryan Reed at the Department of Building and Development or call 703-737-8426.