Posted on October 23, 2020 at 4:33 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County COVID-19 Data Snapshot
Loudoun County Update
- Total Cases: 7,704 (up 24 since last report)
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun County (PCR test only): 5.1% (down 0.2% since last report)
- Total Hospitalizations: 471 (up 1 since last report)
- Total Deaths: 130 (up 0 since last report)
- View Comprehensive Data on the Virginia Department of Health Website:
- View More Regional Cumulative Data, Gating Criteria, and Other Key Measures
- Loudoun County Cold Weather Shelter Opens November 15: The Loudoun County Cold Weather Shelter will open Sunday, November 15, 2020, for adults in the community who are experiencing a housing crisis resulting in homelessness. The shelter, which provides a warm indoor sleeping environment, meals and shower facilities, will be open 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m., seven nights a week through March 31, 2021.
- Loudoun County Announces Transit System Adjustments Beginning November 2: Loudoun County Transit will modify Commuter Bus and Metro Connection Bus services beginning Monday, November 2, 2020. Due to changes in passenger demands, the number of trips on some existing routes will be reduced, while new Commuter Bus routes will be added to include stops at Dulles South (Stone Ridge II) and East Gate Park and Ride lots.
- Contact Tracing 101: You may have heard the term “contact tracing” at some point during the coronavirus pandemic and wondered what it is and why people are talking about it. Review the basics such as what it is, how it works, and more in today's earlier post.
- Free Medicare Open Enrollment Assistance: Need help during Medicare Open Enrollment? The Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging VICAP counselors are here to help (virtually)! Agency staff trained in the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program will work with you to help you find better coverage with lower premiums and copays.
- Open enrollment runs from October 15 to December 7, 2020.
- The deadline to submit your Part D worksheet to VICAP counselors is November 8.
- Part D worksheets are available at Loudoun County senior centers, online at loudoun.gov/aaa or by calling 703-737-8036.
- Read the news release.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #