Loudoun County is allocating $2.25 million for eligible nonprofit and faith-based organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The allocation is part of the federal funding made available to the county through the Commonwealth of Virginia from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
These funds will be available to Loudoun nonprofits and faith-based organizations who meet this criteria:
- Are in good standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Can provide proof of nonprofit status.
- Can provide copies of IRS Form 990 for the past three years.
- Can demonstrate their services have been affected by COVID-19.
The county will accept funding requests for these programs:
- Emergency Food Assistance Program: This program is an extension of the Food Assistance Program that began in April. Organizations may request funding for the purchase of food and food delivery expenses.
- COVID-19 Service Expansion Program: This program provides funds to organizations that demonstrate they have significantly expanded their services due to COVID-19.
- Nonprofit Service Interruption Program: This program provides funds to organizations that can demonstrate they have had to interrupt their services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nonprofit Service Continuity: This program provides funds to organizations that can demonstrate that their level of services and residents served have been maintained at a consistent, stable level but have had unexpected costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications will be available online Thursday, September 17, 2020, at loudoun.gov/GrantOpportunities
. The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Loudoun County has scheduled two webinars to help groups understand the funding opportunities and explain the application and reporting process:
- A webinar for current CARES Act Fund grantees is scheduled for 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 16, 2020. Register online and receive the webinar link
- A webinar for new applicants is scheduled for 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, September 16, 2020. Register online and receive the webinar link.
Loudoun County plans to distribute funds on a rolling basis to ensure organizations have adequate time to spend the funds by December 30, 2020.
In addition to support for nonprofit and faith-based organizations, the county’s $36 million in the second round of CARES Act funding is being used to help support Loudoun County Public Schools, businesses and the incorporated towns to help offset expenses related to the coronavirus pandemic response and its economic impacts.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #