During September -- Workforce Development Month -- the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will feature special virtual events at no cost for job seekers.
“While our annual celebration of September as Workforce Development Month has changed to a virtual platform, we are still offering a variety of no-cost, informative seminars for job seekers during the month of September,” said Loudoun County Workforce Team Leader Shelly Rodriguez. “The webinars cover a wide spectrum of employment and career topics that speak to a variety of community interests and needs.”
Preview the event lineup below and visit loudoun.gov/workforcemonth
for detailed information about each event and how to register.
- How to Navigate the First Day of Employment: Wednesday, September 9, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Tackling Employment Challenges with Criminal Backgrounds: Thursday, September 10, 10:00 - 11:15 a.m.
- Cracking the Federal Code: Friday, September 11, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- The Accessibility Advantage: Job Seeking When You Have Differing Abilities: Tuesday, September 15, 2:00 – 3:15 p.m.
- Registered Apprenticeship 101: Wednesday, September 16, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Still New on the Job?: Wednesday, September 16, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Ticket to Work Program Orientation: Thursday, September 17, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Commuting with Confidence: Friday, September 18, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Increasing Access to Employment & Community Support for our Military and Veteran Families: Monday, September 21, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Work Happy: Tuesday, September 22, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- The Priorities of Post COVID-19 Financial Recovery: Thursday, September 24, 2:00 p.m.
- Coffee with a Career Counselor: Wednesday, September 30, 9:30 a.m.
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center provides no-cost resources and equipment to job seekers and businesses to help them achieve their employment goals. More information about the center can be found at loudoun.gov/wrc
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Opt in to receive text messages:
- English: Text LCCOVID19 to 888777
- Spanish: Text LCCOVIDESP to 88877
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #