Posted on September 2, 2020 at 5:23 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 6,053
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 6.7%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun (cumulative): 389
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 118
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an Order to place a moratorium on evictions nationwide through December 31, 2020.
- Under the CDC Order, individual renters earning no more than $99,000 in annual income (no more than $198,000 for those filing jointly) cannot be evicted if they are unable to pay the full rent amount due to loss of household income or work due to COVID-19, have exhausted best efforts to pay rent, seek Government rental assistance, and are likely to become homeless due to eviction.
- Those who benefit from this assistance will still be obligated to pay accrued rent or housing payments in accordance with the lease or contract. The intent of this Order is to prevent evictions that could exacerbate the spread of COVID-19.
- Preview the unofficial Order on the Federal Register website. The official document will be published in the Federal Register on September 4, 2020. Only official editions of the Federal Register provide legal notice to the public and judicial notice to the courts.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #