Posted on September 2, 2020 at 10:25 AM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 5,528
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 5.6%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun (cumulative): 361
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 115
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Duration of Isolation and Precautions for Adults with COVID-19: At this time, we do not know if someone can be re-infected with COVID-19. Data to date show that a person who has had and recovered from COVID-19 may have low levels of virus in their bodies for up to 3 months after diagnosis. This means that if the person who has recovered from COVID-19 is retested within 3 months of initial infection, they may continue to have a positive test result, even though they are not spreading COVID-19. Read more from the CDC.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #