Posted on October 10, 2019 at 11:10 AM by Heidi Kellum
Loudoun County’s general contractor, Meridian Construction Co., Inc., is making progress to complete Phase 1 of the Lovettsville Community Center construction project. In October, major earthwork for the gravel parking lot will be completed and a storm pipe will be installed.
Construction Phase 1 Progress:
- Site and structure demolition is complete.
- Erosion and sediment controls, including sediment basin, is complete.
- The grading permit has been issued.
- Major earthwork for the gravel parking lot is in process and almost complete.
- Excavation, installation and back fill of 18 inch reinforced concrete storm pipe is beginning.
- The geothermal subcontractor is mobilizing. Once the work begins, the installation of the geothermal well field is expected to take about four weeks.