Posted on July 9, 2020 at 4:59 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 4,319
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 8.1%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun: 286
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 99
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Loudoun County Public Schools - Return to School 2020 Virtual Town Hall: A video replay of the Virtual Town Hall featuring questions about the return-to-school plan for the 2020-2021 school year has been posted to the LCPS Return to School 2020 website at lcps.org/returntoschool2020. The slide presentation from the Town Hall meeting is also available online.
- Who is at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19? Everyone is at risk for getting COVID-19 if they are exposed to the virus. But some people are more likely than others to become severely ill, which means that they may require hospitalization, intensive care, or a ventilator to help them breathe, or they may even die. We learn more about COVID-19 every day, and as more information become available, CDC continues to update and share information about risk for severe illness. Learn more about people at increased risk for severe illness.
- Well-Child Visits and Vaccinations are Essential Services: Children need to be protected against vaccine-preventable diseases. Well-child visits and vaccinations are essential services and help make sure children are protected. Children who are not protected by vaccines may be more likely to get diseases like measles and whooping cough. As communities are opening up, it's important for parents to work with their children's doctor or nurse to make sure their children stay up to date on routine vaccines. Learn about going to medical offices during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates
for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #