Posted on July 6, 2020 at 4:29 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 4,216
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 11.0%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun: 278
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 90
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- Become a Loudoun Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer: With the COVID-19 pandemic a reality, the need for Loudoun Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteers - both medical and nonmedical personnel - is greater than ever.
- The MRC is asking medical doctors, nurses, physician assistants, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, dentists, veterinarians, and other medical professionals to consider volunteering their time to help protect the community's health during the pandemic and beyond. For example, medical professionals may be needed to help with influenza vaccination events as flu season approaches and with COVID-19 vaccinations when there is a vaccine, as well as potential testing and other events.
- Nonmedical professionals can help support testing activities, contact-tracing efforts, operating the Loudoun County Health Department's information line, logistics support, and other nonmedical functions.
- For more information, visit loudoun.gov/mrc.
- Register through the Virginia Volunteer Health System.
- Youth Sports Recommendations: With some youth sports starting up again, the CDC urges kids, coaches and parents to follow some important tips to protect everyone from COVID-19:
- Stay home if sick.
- Players should bring their own equipment, like gloves and bats, if possible.
- Reduce physical closeness and keep 6 feet of space between players when possible.
- Coaches and spectators should wear a cloth face covering, and decide if players need to wear cloth face coverings.
- Players should clean their hands before and after practices, games, and sharing equipment.
- Learn more from this CDC YouTube video.
- Review the Youth Sports Program FAQs and Considerations for Youth Sports.
- Loudoun County Public Schools - Return to School Information for Families: LCPS requests parents/guardians indicate their 2020-2021 Return-to-School choices for their students now. Choices must be made in ParentVue by 8 a.m. Monday, July 13, 2020. Parents should review the recent email from LCPS or see the "July 6 Return to School Information for Families" document for more information.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates
for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #