Posted on July 2, 2020 at 4:33 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun COVID-19 Data Update
Loudoun County Update
- Number of COVID-19 cases in Loudoun County: 4,083
- Current 7-day positivity rate in Loudoun (PCR test only): 10.7%
- Number of people hospitalized in Loudoun: 278
- Total number of COVID-19 deaths in Loudoun County: 89
- View more COVID-19 data in Loudoun and Virginia
- County Promotes COVID-19 Testing Awareness: As COVID-19 continues to circulate in our community, it's important to know when, where and how to get tested. Testing helps to find people who are positive for COVID-19; those individuals can then take important steps to stop the spread of COVID-19 to others in their homes and our community. Get the details from today's earlier post (Read in Spanish)
- Loudoun and NVFS Administer Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program for Loudoun County Residents: The Loudoun County government is working with Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) to administer the Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP) for Loudoun County households experiencing financial instability due to COVID-19. Read the news release.
- Reminder - Fireworks Safety Tips: As we approach the 4th of July holiday weekend with many professional fireworks displays canceled, keep in mind these critical fireworks safety tips from the Loudoun County Combined Fire and Rescue System:
- Don't use illegal fireworks.
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Don't light fireworks indoors.
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks and maintain constant adult supervision.
- Don't light fireworks in your hand.
- Never point or throw fireworks at anyone.
- Don't try to re-light "a dud" or malfunctioning firework.
- Remember that not everyone loves fireworks. Fireworks can disrupt those sleeping, scare pets, and can be traumatic for veterans. Be a good neighbor and be sensitive to others when choosing to discharge them.
- For additional fireworks information visit loudoun.gov/fireworks.
- Read the news release.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Missed one of our updates? View all updates
for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #