Loudoun County has extended the deadline for nonprofit and faith-based organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to apply for $2 million in grants. Due to the Juneteenth holiday June 19, 2020, the new deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 22, 2020.
Loudoun County is allocating $2 million for eligible nonprofit and faith-based organizations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The allocation is part of the federal funding made available to the county through the Commonwealth of Virginia from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
These funds will be available to Loudoun nonprofits and faith-based organizations who meet this criteria:
- Are in good standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
- Can provide proof of nonprofit status.
- Can provide copies of IRS Form 990 for the past three years.
- Can demonstrate their services have been affected by COVID-19.
The county is accepting funding requests for three programs:
- Emergency Food Assistance Program: This program is an extension of the Food Assistance Program that began in April. Organizations may request funding for the purchase of food and food delivery expenses.
- COVID-19 Service Expansion Program: This program will provide funds to organizations that demonstrate they have significantly expanded their services due to COVID-19.
- Nonprofit Service Interruption Program: This program will provide funds to organizations that can demonstrate they have had to interrupt their services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications and more information about the process may be found online at loudoun.gov/GrantOpportunities
In addition to support for nonprofit and faith-based organizations, the county’s $36 million in CARES Act funding is being used to help support businesses and the incorporated towns to help offset expenses related to the coronavirus pandemic response and its economic impacts.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVIDESP to 888777 to receive text messages in Spanish from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #