Posted on June 10, 2020 at 5:12 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun, Northern Virginia, to Enter Phase Two of 'Reopening' Plan June 12: Virginia Governor Ralph Northam announced Tuesday that Northern Virginia, including Loudoun County, will enter Phase Two of the "Forward Virginia" reopening plan Friday, June 12, 2020. Phase Two is the next step in gradually easing public health restrictions that are designed to slow the spread of COVID-19. Governor Northam indicated Virginia's health metrics overall are "looking positive," citing the downward trend in the percent of positive tests and hospitalizations due to COVID-19 over 14 days, sufficient hospital capacity and personal protection equipment (PPE) and increasing testing capacity. The governor's temporary stay-at-home order expired on June 4, 2020. Read the news release.
- County Parks & Recreation Opens Centers and Summer Programs: As Loudoun County enters Phase Two of the "Forward Virginia" blueprint, the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is announcing plans for reopening aquatic, community, recreation and senior centers, pools and other amenities. Adult day centers and the Franklin Park Performing and Visual Arts Center will remain closed under Phase Two. Read the news release.
- Keeping Children Healthy During COVID-19: While adults make up most of the known COVID-19 cases to date, children continue to be affected by the pandemic in a number of ways. Here are some things to consider in keeping your children safe throughout the pandemic:
- Take preventative actions and watch for signs of illness
- Stay up to date on vaccinations and well-child visits
- Keep children active
- Stay socially connected
- Help cope with stress
- Read the details in today's earlier post.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #