Posted on May 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- New Data Dashboard: Loudoun County's Office of Mapping and Geographic Information has added a data dashboard to its COVID-19 page in the GeoHub that indicates the percentage of positive PCR tests. PCR refers to "Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction laboratory testing," which looks for an active COVID-19 infection.
- A downward trend in the percentage of positive cases is one of the "gating criteria" that are important in determining reopening timelines regionally and in the Commonwealth.
- The data dashboard also links to other key measures on COVID-19 cases in Loudoun and the Commonwealth. Data on the page is updated daily from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to provide information on testing totals, cases, hospitalizations and deaths in Loudoun County.
- Read more in this news release.
- A link to the updated GeoHub information can be found under "Testing and Data" at loudoun.gov/coronavirus.
- What to do if you're sick: We all play a role in slowing the spread of coronavirus in our community. Do your part: wear a face covering if you need to go out, wash your hand frequently and keep a safe physical distance, at least 6 feet, from others. Together, we can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Learn more, including what to do if you are sick, in today's earlier post.
- Business Interruption Fund: The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved $5.7 million in additional grant funding for the COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund, to support small businesses adversely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. This funding was allocated from the $36.1 million in federal funding made available to the county through the Commonwealth of Virginia from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. Read the news release.
- Governor's Flag Order for the Commonwealth of Virginia: Pursuant to President Trump's Presidential Proclamation to lower the United States flag, Virginia Governor Ralph S. Northam ordered that the flags of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Virginia are to be flown at half-staff over the state Capitol and all local, state, and federal building and grounds in the Commonwealth of Virginia to honor the victims of the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic. The flags shall be lowered until sunset, May 24, 2020. Read the order.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #