Posted on May 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Governor Ralph Northam today issued Executive Order 62, allowing specific localities in Northern Virginia to delay entering Phase One of the "Forward Virginia" plan for an additional two weeks. As a result, Loudoun County and the other Northern Virginia jurisdictions will continue to operate under guidelines set in previous executive orders that are intended to reduce the spread of the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, until May 28, 2020. Read the Governor's news release.
- Phase One of the "Forward Virginia" plan is the first step in easing public health restrictions on certain business operations that were put in place in response to the pandemic. Loudoun County will remain in Phase Zero until May 28. The differences between the two phases are illustrated in this table.
- No matter what phase of reopening a particular region is in, everyone should continue to practice steps to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Read Loudoun County's news release. | En Español (PDF)
- Support for Water/Sewer Customers in Middleburg: For the upcoming water/sewer bill (covering March and April 2020, to be mailed in May), each customer will receive a credit of up to $200. The Town recognizes these are difficult financial times, and that many customers are spending more time at home (and washing hands!). This credit will reduce the burden on many families. If you can pay your full bill amount, your funds will be used to help others in need throughout the town. Learn more.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to provide ongoing updates on the COVID-19 response, including updated guidance for specific settings and situations:
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #