Posted on April 29, 2020 at 5:24 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun County election officials remind voters in the upcoming town elections on May 19, 2020, of steps they can take to help ensure the safety of all voters and election officers during the elections in Hamilton, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville and Round Hill. As part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, voters are strongly encouraged to vote absentee. Read the news release for details.
- Loudoun County's COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund is currently open for applications and will remain open until noon on May 2, 2020. This fund is to support Loudoun businesses impacted by the coronavirus outbreak. All submissions will be accepted based on the time stamp, verified by county employees, and placed into a pool, where businesses will be randomly selected until the funding has expired. Visit LoudounBusinessFund.org for details and to apply.
- Do you need more time to file your state taxes? The Virginia individual income tax filing deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020. If you won't be able to file by the deadline, don't worry. Due to COVID-19, everyone has an automatic 6-month extension. In addition, individuals also have an extra month to pay their taxes this year. Pay by June 1, 2020 to avoid any penalties. Learn more.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #