Loudoun County is facilitating the purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE) for distribution to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need as part of the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to accepting donations of PPE, the county is now accepting monetary donations that will be used by the county to purchase bulk PPE items that can be made available to organizations in need of equipment.
Anyone who would like to donate financially may do so by mail or online:
- Online: Electronic donations may be made through the Loudoun County website at loudoun.gov/ppe. All major credit cards and PayPal are accepted. The processor will deduct a transaction fee from each online donation.
- By mail: Checks with “COVID-19 Donations” noted in the memo line may be sent to:
Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office
PO Box 347
Leesburg, VA 20178
Funds collected will not be distributed to other organizations, but will be used by the county to leverage its purchasing powers to buy PPE items in bulk, which will be made available to organizations in need of equipment.
Donations of Equipment
Loudoun County continues to operate two drop-off sites for people to donate PPE for distribution to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need.
- 751 Miller Drive, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Dulles South Recreation and Community Center, 24950 Riding Center Drive in South Riding, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Both sites have signs directing drivers to the drop-off location. They are accepting:
- Surgical masks
- Disposable gowns
- Face shields
- N95 respirators
- Enclosed goggles
- Hand sanitizer
Officials say the greatest need currently is for surgical masks, disposable gowns and face shields. Any donated supplies may be opened, but must be unused. The county is not able to accept homemade equipment, such as homemade masks. More information is online at loudoun.gov/ppe
Requests for Equipment
The county is also fielding requests from Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need of personal protective equipment. Requests can be made through a form online at loudoun.gov/ppe
. Organizations that have previously submitted requests for and received PPE may submit additional request forms if they have additional needs. They will be contacted by a county representative to coordinate the receipt of donated items if resources are available.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email
# # #