Posted on April 10, 2020 at 5:22 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun County is offering new Wi-Fi hot spots for residents in western Loudoun. The county has worked to amplify the Loudoun County Public Library's Wi-Fi signal so that it is available to access in the parking lots immediately adjacent to the Lovettsville, Middleburg and Purcellville libraries. Read the news release for details.
- Loudoun Economic Development launched a new podcast that focuses on Loudoun business innovation, resources, news related to the COVID-19 outbreak. Hear from some of the business owners, partner organizations and thought leaders at the forefront of what's next. Check out the LoudounPossible Pod.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) developed a video playlist providing coronavirus information in American Sign Language. For people who are hearing impaired, the playlist provides several videos on various topics, such as when to get medical care, supporting children, and managing stress and anxiety. Explore the playlist.
- The State Corporation Commission (SCC) has extend an order barring utilities from cutting off electricity, natural gas, water or sewer service to non-paying customers during the coronavirus pandemic. The ban, which had been set to expire May 15, 2020, has been pushed back to June 14, 2020. Read the news release.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #