Posted on April 2, 2020 at 6:32 PM by Sarah OConnell
Loudoun County Update
Missed one of our updates? View all updates.
- Loudoun County has launched an online "hub" (loudoun.gov/COVIDresourcesmap) of interactive maps and web-based applications that provide resources to residents during the COVID-19 pandemic when trips from home are limited to only those that are essential. These helpful maps include restaurants and retail businesses with takeout and delivery options, grocery stores and pharmacies with dedicated shopping hours for vulnerable individuals, and food assistance locations (including LCPS meal distribution sites). Read the release.
- President Trump approved Virginia's disaster declaration, thereby declaring that a major disaster exists in the Commonwealth of Virginia and ordered Federal assistance to supplement Commonwealth, tribal, and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by COVID-19. Read the release.
- President Trump also extended his Coronavirus Guidelines for America through the next 30 days to slow the spread. Review the guidelines.
- The Town of Hillsboro has partnered with the Hillsboro Preservation Foundation to create an emergency fund to support area residents affected by COVID-19. The fund has been established to accept donations and distribute emergency financial assistance to those in the Greater Hillsboro community. Learn more at www.hillsboropreservation.org.
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools:
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #