Posted on March 24, 2020 at 4:43 PM by Heather Smith
Loudoun County Update
- On Monday, March 23, 2020, Governor Northam ordered additional measures to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- All public and private K-12 schools in Virginia will remain closed through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Certain non-essential businesses will close, to go into effect at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, 2020.
- Public gatherings of more than 10 people are banned.
- Read the county's news release.
- All Inova hospitals and care sites are open and serving patients. Find information about updates, cancellations and how Inova is taking the appropriate steps to protect the safety of caregivers, patients, team members and the community.
- Loudoun County has launched an interactive map to help residents find grocery stores and pharmacies with designated hours for vulnerable individuals. These shopping hours are designated for older adults, as well as individuals with underlying health issues or compromised immune systems, who are at greater risk of complications from COVID-19. The searchable map also links to webpages with contact information for the various stores. You can search by a street address and view which stores have modified hours. The Loudoun County map will be updated as store hours change. Visit the map at loudoun.gov/grocery.
- Additional closures and changes to operating status have been made in county facilities:
- Please visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
- Certain features at Loudoun County parks, including playgrounds and athletic courts, will be closed to the public as part of the county’s response to COVID-19. While parks have remained open for trail and leisure use, playgrounds and athletic courts have experienced heavier than normal use in recent days, impacting the ability of residents to maintain social distancing measures. Please follow the county's recommendations for social distancing.
- Effective March 24, 2020, the Department of Planning and Zoning’s lobby at 1 Harrison Street SE, Leesburg will be closed to the public until further notice. The Customer Service Center will be available by phone (703-777-0246, option 5), LEx, or email, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If necessary, staff will be available by appointment. A designated drop-off area is located outside the Planning and Zoning’s lobby on the third floor of the Government Center.
- Effective March 24, 2020, the Office of Mapping and Geographic Information’s lobby at 1 Harrison Street, Leesburg will be closed to the public until further notice. Services will continue to be provided Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call 703-771-5778 or email with questions or requests. Address applications and checklists can be downloaded at loudoun.gov/omagi and submitted electronically or mailed to:
Loudoun County Office of Mapping & Geographic Information
Attn: Address Coordinator
PO Box 7000, Leesburg, VA 20177
Missed one of our updates? View all updates
for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Loudoun County Public Schools
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools on the LCPS website.
- Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
- Information Line: 703-737-8300
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
# # #