Posted on March 18, 2020 at 12:43 PM by Nancy McCormick
Loudoun County Update
Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about COVID-19, including a list of FAQs.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may contact the Loudoun County Health Department:
Loudoun County Public Schools
Get the latest information for parents and students from Loudoun County Public Schools on the LCPS website.
Educate Yourself About COVID-19
- On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the county announced that social distancing measures will be implemented in county facilities. Generally, the employees will work to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others. Some county departments may close for a day or two in order to plan for implementing the social distancing measures within their office.
- Everyone is encouraged to visit loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures before visiting county offices to check on the status of operations at our various facilities.
- Loudoun County Courts and the Departments of Family Services; Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services; Planning and Zoning; Building and Development; and the Office of Mapping and Geographic Information are among the departments that announced impacts this week. More information is posted at loudoun.gov/temporaryclosures.
- The Loudoun County Public Library continues to explore options for curbside services and will announce details as soon as possible. Visit library.loudoun.gov for more information.
- The Loudoun County Economic Development introduced new online resources for Loudoun’s businesses community. The department is working with the Small Business Administration (SBA) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to identify programs and assistance for the Loudoun committee.
- The county requests small-business owners participate in short survey as Governor Ralph Northam seeks to make Virginia eligible for federal disaster relief for COVID-19.
- The survey is open until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 20.
- Take the survey now.
# # #