Paeonian Springs Water & Wastewater Project
About the Project
- To address ongoing water and wastewater concerns in the village of Paeonian Springs, residents submitted an application to the county's Water and Wastewater Program.
- As part of this program, staff worked with Loudoun Water to complete the Paeonian Springs Water and Wastewater Feasibility Study (PDF), which evaluated concerns identified in the application and determined the technical feasibility of potential solutions to the community’s water and wastewater issues.
- In November 2019, following completion of the study, county staff presented the results to the community.
- In April 2022, a supplemental Technical Memorandum addendum was completed that helped refine the project boundary to better reflect public health initiatives, provided further details on wastewater alternative solutions and updated project costs.
- The Board of Supervisors has approved the use of $3.5 million of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for the Paeonian Springs Wastewater Modernization Project. ARPA funding will allow staff and Loudoun Water to continue exploring the technical requirements of the water and wastewater improvements and complete pre-construction and design work.
- In 2022, Loudoun County began exploring an alternative solution to create a new communal water system with the nearby Village of Waterford and expanding Waterford’s existing wastewater system to accommodate Paeonian Springs.
- In February 2023, the Board of Supervisors approved the use of $1.5 million in Capital Improvement Program funds for the preliminary engineering of a communal water system in the Village of Waterford.
- In addition, the Board directed staff to use the funds to evaluate interconnected communal water and wastewater systems for the Village of Waterford and the Village of Paeonian Springs. The evaluation and preliminary design of this work is in progress.
- Paeonian Springs Water and Wastewater Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Paeonian Springs Water and Wastewater Project Area (PDF)
- Loudoun County Water and Wastewater Program
For more information, email Scott Fincham, project manager, or call