ADU Purchase Program Letter of Eligibility Renewal
ADU Purchase Program Letters of Eligibility are valid for 16 months and must be renewed to continue participation in the ADU Purchase Program. Each household is responsible for contacting ADU staff prior to the expiration date to submit the necessary paperwork to have eligibility extended for another 16 months. Failure to do so will result in the household having to re-apply to the program.
The Renewal Process
Eligibility holders must submit updated documentation at least 90 days (3 months) prior to the Letter of Eligibility expiration date. You must meet all of the ADU Purchase Program guidelines at renewal.
Compile and submit your required documents (listed below) in one of three ways:
- Email the Housing Specialist.
- Mail to: Loudoun County Department of Housing and Community Development, P.O. Box 7000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-7000
- Hand deliver to: Loudoun County Department of Housing and Community Development, 106 Catoctin Circle, SE, Leesburg 20175
Drop off documents at the blue drop box located inside of the first-floor lobby, which is available for Housing-related documents and forms.
Front desk hours are from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Drop box hours are from 7:00 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Please Note: Do not send mail to the physical address, as it will not be delivered.
Once your information is reviewed, you will be contacted in writing to let you know if you meet the requirements of the ADU Purchase Program. If you qualify, the renewed ADU Purchase Program Letter of Eligibility will be e-mailed to you. If you no longer qualify, a letter will be e-mailed to you explaining why you no longer qualify.
Compile the following completed documents to initiate your ADU Purchase Program renewal:
- Completed Authorization to Release Information (PDF)
- Completed Employer Verification Form (PDF). Please make enough copies for all your employers.
- Photocopies of most recent 60 days’ pay stubs and proof of any other form of income such as Child Support, Social Security Income, etc.
- Photocopies of most recent tax year W2’s and Federal Tax Return.
- Completed Notarized Renewal Letter (PDF).
- Documentation, for the applicant(s) on the ADU loan, of proof of legal presence in the United States. All other household members must provide 1 form of identification. See the Identification Document List (PDF) for acceptable forms of identification.
- Pre-approval letter from a bank or mortgage company (no more than 45 days old). This letter must be on Bank or Mortgage Company Letterhead, provide the type of financing (FHA, Conventional, VHDA, etc.) and the interest rate the lender used as the basis for this pre-approval. The loan amount must be based on your actual income and must be signed by the loan officer providing this pre-approval.
- A copy of your most recent bank statement for all bank and/or credit union statements (savings and checking), statements for money market/mutual funds, stocks/bonds, 401(k)’s, IRA’s or any other accounts where assets are held. Please provide each page of every statement and ensure that each statement includes your name and account number.
- If your address or contact information has changed within the last year, completed Change of Information form (PDF).
For More Information
If you have any questions or need more information, contact the ADU program at 703-737-8043.