How to Sign Up for COVID-19 Vaccine
The Health Department is coordinating separate vaccination events for law enforcement, fire and hazmat, corrections and homeless shelter workers, public schools, and county government employees. If you are in one of these groups, you do not need to contact the Health Department to schedule appointments.
STEP 1: Find Out if You Are Eligible for a Vaccine in the Current Priority Groups
STEP 2: Contact the Health Department
Requests for vaccine are no longer accepted by email. If you are in either the Phase 1a or Phase 1b priority groups, contact the Loudoun County Health Department in one of two ways:
STEP 3: Be Patient; Wait for the Health Department to Contact You
- After submitting the form or completing the pre-screen by phone, it may take days to weeks before you receive a response.
- The Health Department is currently not scheduling appointments because vaccine supplies are limited.
- Once you submit the online survey form, you do not need to call the Health Department.
STEP 4: The Health Department Will Contact You When it is Your Turn
- When vaccine supply is adequate and appointments are available, if you submitted an online form or completed the pre-screening process over the phone, you will will be contacted by the Health Department to schedule an appointment. It likely will take several weeks before you get a vaccination appointment due to a higher volume of requests for appointments than the current number of vaccines available.
- Because the Commonwealth has prioritized the distribution of vaccines, the Health Department is following the defined Phase 1b prioritized list and vaccination appointments will be offered in priority order. Please be patient; once you submit an online pre-screening survey, there is no need to call the Health Department.
- You will be contacted by email if you provided an email address in your pre-screening survey. If you do not have an email address, you will be contacted by phone regarding an appointment.
NOTE: While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has indicated that teens aged 16 to 18 who have underlying medical conditions are eligible, the Loudoun County Health Department is currently accepting pre-screening vaccination surveys from adults 18 and older because the Health Department’s supply of vaccine—Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine—is approved for only those 18 and older.
More Vaccine Information
Receive Updates from Loudoun County
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19
- Sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19 in Notify Me, Blogs category
- Follow the Loudoun County Government Facebook Page and @LoudounCoGovt
Loudoun County Public Schools
Contact us with Questions
- Email the Health Department
- Call the information line: 703-737-8300
- Monday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.