COVID-19: Reopening Loudoun County
Current Status: Phase One
On May 29, 2020, Loudoun County entered Phase One of the “Forward Virginia” plan, the first step in easing public health restrictions on certain business operations that were put in place in response to the pandemic. The plan is a three-phase plan to “reopen” the state by gradually easing the restrictions that have been placed on businesses, places of worship, and public facilities in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The differences between Phase Zero and Phase One are illustrated in this table.
- VDH Phase 1 Frequently Asked Questions
- View closure and operating status information for Loudoun County Government.
Effective March 29, Virginians are required to wear face coverings in public indoor settings to help contain the spread of the novel coronavirus as outlined in Executive Order 63. A face covering includes anything that covers your nose and mouth, such as a mask, scarf, or bandana.
Forward Virginia Guidelines
Phase One: Safer At Home
The “Forward Virginia” plan is based on achieving certain data points that, when met, indicate we are ready to move into the next phase of the plan. For Phase One, the data points include:
- A downward trend of positive test results over a period of 14 days;
- A downward trend of hospitalizations over a period of 14 days;
- Sufficient hospital beds and intensive care capacity;
- Increasing and sustainable supply of personal protective equipment such as masks, respirators, gloves and gowns; and
- Increased testing and contact tracing.
Phase One: Reopening Businesses
The Forward Virginia website provides guidance for reopening the business community. Below are links to specific business sectors with detailed information on mandatory requirements, best practices and resources.
- Gymnasiums, recreation centers, swimming pools, indoor sports facilities, and indoor exercise facilities.
- Beauty salons, barbershops, spas, massage centers, tanning salons, tattoo shops, and any other location where personal care or personal grooming services are performed.
- Private campgrounds and overnight summer camps.
Receive updates from Loudoun County
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19
- Sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19 in Notify Me, Blogs category
- Follow the Loudoun County Government Facebook Page and @LoudounCoGovt
Loudoun County Public Schools
Contact us with Questions
- Email the Health Department
- Call the information line: 703-737-8300
- Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m