June 4, 2020, Town Elections
Results will be available shortly after polls close at 7:00 p.m. on June 4, 2020, and can be viewed at the following link:
News and Announcements
Note: ONLY voters in the Towns of Lovettsville, Middleburg, and Purcellville are eligible to vote in the June 4, 2020, elections. If you do not live in one of those three towns, do not apply for an absentee ballot. Also note that this is a Thursday election day.
Note: Per the Virginia Governor’s executive order, the Town elections scheduled for May 5, 2020, were moved to May 19. The Towns of Lovettsville, Middleburg, and Purcellville subsequently petitioned the Supreme Court of Virginia to move to June 4, 2020, and the request was granted. Voters who have already applied for and received an absentee ballot do not need to take any action: the ballots already issued will be counted.
What and Who is on the Ballot?
The Towns of Lovettsville, Middleburg, and Purcellville will hold elections for the offices of Mayor and Member, Town Council;
- June 4, 2020, Town Elections Sample Ballots
What are my Options for Voting in this Election?
All registered voters who reside in the Towns of Lovettsville, Middleburg, and Purcellville are eligible to vote in this election. Please note that you must live within town limits in order to be eligible to vote. Voters may vote in-person at their voting precinct on Election day. Additionally, for this election all voters may vote absentee in-person or by-mail, using reason code 2A - Illness or Disability.
Please note that voters choosing to vote on election day at a precinct will be subject to strict social distancing measures including no more than 10 people in the room at one time and keeping a distance of 6 feet between people. This could potentially lead to longer than normal wait times. Therefore it is strongly encouraged that you vote at home by applying online for an absentee ballot and using reason code 2A.
Also, voters will be required to wear a face covering. If a voter has a medical condition and can’t wear a face covering, curbside voting will be offered or election officials will direct the voter to a location inside, away from others, to vote.
Town Voting Locations: 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Town of Middleburg - Middleburg Town Office, 10 West Marshall Street, Middleburg, 20117
Town of Lovettsville* - Lovettsville Game Protective Assn., 16 S. Berlin Turnpike, Lovettsville, 20180
Town of Purcellville* - Bush Tabernacle Skating Rink, 250 S. Nursery Avenue, Purcellville, 20132
*Please note that the Towns of Lovettsville and Purcellville have changed voting locations for this election only.
Can I Vote Absentee? How do I Apply for an Absentee Ballot?
Step 1: Eligibility - For this election ALL voters are eligible to vote absentee using reason 2A - Illness or Disability
Step 2: Decide how you want to vote absentee.
Due to the COVID-19 situation voters are strongly encouraged to vote by mail.
- By Mail - Have a ballot mailed to you, which you will fill out and mail back.
- How to Apply: Visit vote.virginia.gov and fill out the online absentee ballot application. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic ALL voters are authorized to use 2A Illness or Disability as the reason for requesting absentee by mail.
- Deadline to Apply: Applications MUST be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 28, 2020.
- Deadline to Return: Your Ballot MUST be received in the Loudoun County Office of Elections and Voter Registration at 750 Miller Drive, Suite C, Leesburg, VA 20175 no later than 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2020
- In-Person - The deadline to vote an absentee ballot in person has passed.
Do I need Voter ID?
- Virginia requires a valid photo ID in order to vote. To see a list of acceptable ID’s visit our Photo Identification page.
- If you do not have an acceptable ID we can provide one. Simply visit our office in Leesburg and we’ll help you out.
Am I Registered? How can I Check my Registration Status?
The Elections and Voter Registration Office encourages all voters to double check their registration so they can be election ready. Simply visit vote.virginia.gov to look yourself up and make sure everything is in order. If you need to make a change you can do that right there too. Keep in mind the following deadlines:
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia Voter Registration online is Monday, April 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia Voter Registration in-person is Monday, April 13, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registrations or updates submitted via mail MUST be postmarked no later than Monday, April 13, 2020.