Signatures of Loudoun
Nominations Open for 2022 Signatures of Loudoun Awards
The Loudoun County Design Cabinet is seeking nominations from architects, builders and the design community for the 2022 Signatures of Loudoun Awards program.
Update: The nomination period has been extended and is open through August 12, 2022. This year’s awardees will be honored in October 2022.
This program recognizes the buildings and public spaces that reflect outstanding design, renovation, adaptive reuse and visually groundbreaking projects throughout the county.
- Details: excellence or whimsy demonstrated in the form of minutiae or finishing touches, which visually delight or offer a sense of continuity with Loudoun’s history.
- Familiar: the exceptional attention given to surrounding buildings, places and details during the project design. A highly “contextual” design solution in which the new design looks as if it had always been a visually harmonious part of the neighborhood.
- Infrastructure: including facilities, utilities, roadways, bridges, streetscape, parkways and trails.
- Interiors: an interior space in residential, commercial, retail or public sector structures.
- Legends: projects or places that have stood the “test of time” over 25 years or more – icons that make Loudoun County unique.
- Makeovers: historic renovation and/or adaptive reuse projects that mirror Loudoun’s reputation as a place of rich contrasts and preserve a piece of its unique history.
- Pace Setters: recent, visually groundbreaking projects. Pace Setters may well be the Legends of a quarter century from now.
- Public Spaces: public greens, plazas, and squares that have become a favorite gathering place.
Entries will be judged by members of the county’s Design Cabinet, a volunteer organization of engineers, architects, planners and designers who encourage high-quality ecological, urban, architectural, and landscape design in Loudoun County.
If you have any questions or need assistance with completing the nomination form, please email the Department of Planning and Zoning or call 703-777-0246 (select option 5).