Metrorail Platform Improvement Project
In 2020, Metrorail will continue efforts to improve the condition of passenger platforms throughout the Metrorail system. Metrorail’s Platform Improvement Project could potentially affect all Loudoun County commuters, including those who do not ride the Metrorail or the Metro Connection buses operated by Loudoun County Transit. Orange and Silver line riders will be impacted by the project during the summer months.
Impact to Loudoun County’s Metro Connection Bus Service
Preparations for Metrorail’s Platform Improvement Project at the West Falls Church Metro Station are underway, which include the closure of the regular bus stop used by Loudoun County Transit’s Metro Connection Bus Service. Metro Connection bus routes 901 and 902 will be moved temporarily from the West Falls Church Metrorail Station to the Ballston Metrorail Station. Regular service at the West Falls Church Metrorail Station will resume when the platform project is completed. The completion date is currently estimated to be September 7, 2020, but is subject to change.
- Monday, February 24 through Monday, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day): Bus routes 901 and 902 will run on a temporary schedule, providing service to and from the Ballston Metrorail Station.
- View the Loudoun County Temporary Metro Connection Schedule for Routes 901 and 902 (PDF).
- Please note that the Bus Time system, Loudoun County Transit’s tool to provide riders with real-time bus tracking information, does not currently include temporary bus routes 901 and 902.
- Stay informed of bus service schedule changes by signing up for Bus Biz email and text alerts.
- Visit the Bus Service Changes page for anticipated impacts to Loudoun County bus schedules.
- Sign up for Alert Loudoun: Get emergency information, news releases, traffic information and more.
- Contact Loudoun County Transit by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are also welcomed via email to Transit Comments.