March 3, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary
What's on the Ballot?
Please note that the Republican Party has notified the Virginia Department of Elections that it will NOT hold a primary on March 3, 2020, and instead will select its nominee for President of the United States at a party convention.
What are my Options for Voting in this Election?
All registered voters are eligible to vote in this election as Virginia does not register by party affiliation. Voters may vote in-person at their voting precinct on Election day. Additionally, eligible voters (those with a valid reason) may vote absentee in-person or by-mail.
- Find the location of your voting precinct.
- View a list of all Loudoun County voting precincts.
Can I Vote Absentee? How do I Apply for an Absentee Ballot?
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility by reviewing the valid reasons for voting absentee.
- Step 2: Decide how you want to vote absentee. You can choose to vote in-person or by-mail.
Note: if you are voting in person, do not apply for an absentee ballot online.
In-Person (Appear at the Office of Elections and vote while there.)
Dates: Monday-Friday, starting January 17, 2020, through February 28, 2020, plus Saturday, February 29, 2020
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day
Location: Loudoun County Office of Elections at 750 Miller Drive, Suite C, Leesburg, VA 20175
By-Mail (Have a ballot mailed to you, which you will fill out and mail back.)
How to Apply: Visit https://www.vote.virginia.gov and fill out the online absentee ballot application.
Deadline to Apply: Applications MUST be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Deadline to Return: Your Ballot MUST be received in the office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
Do I need Voter ID?
- Virginia requires a valid photo ID in order to vote. To see a list of acceptable ID's visit our Photo Identification page.
- If you do not have an acceptable ID we can provide one. Simply visit our office in Leesburg and we'll help you out.
Am I Registered? How can I Check my Registration Status?
The Elections and Voter Registration Office encourages all voters to double check their registration so they can be election ready. Simply visit https://www.vote.virginia.gov to look yourself up and make sure everything is in order. If you need to make a change you can do that right there too. Keep in mind the following deadlines:
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia Voter Registration online is Monday, February 10, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia Voter Registration in-person is Monday, February 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registrations or updates submitted via mail MUST be postmarked no later than Monday, February 10, 2020.
- To see a list of current federal, state, and local elected officials visit our my elected representative page.
- Paper Voter Registration Application (PDF) (print & mail)
- Paper Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) (print & mail)