Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee
The Loudoun County Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee will oversee the implementation of the strategies outlined in the Human Services Strategic Plan, which aims to meet the county’s human service needs such as affordable health care, child care and housing.
The membership of the Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee reflects public/ private partnership and citizen participation. The committee includes representative members appointed by the County Administrator and standing members with specific roles in the Loudoun County government and the Loudoun Human Services Network.
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS) Executive Director Dr. Judy Hanley
- Northern Virginia Family Services Executive Vice President Andrea Eck
- Loudoun Cares Executive Director Valerie Pisierra
- Loudoun County Public Schools Assistant Superintendent, Department of Pupil Services, Dr. Asia Jones
- Loudoun Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Member Monica Tressler
- Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier President/CEO Amy Owen
- Underrepresented Population Representative Camille Wider
- Consumer Representative Julie Pierson
- Faith-Based Community Representative Catherine Hassinger Toepfer
- Assistant County Administrator Valmarie Turner
- Loudoun County Department of Family Services Director Glenda Blake
- Loudoun County Health Department Director Dr. David Goodfriend
- Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services Director Margaret Graham
- Loudoun County Grants Coordinator Shalom Black
- Loudoun Human Services Network Chair Jennifer Montgomery
- Loudoun Human Services Network Vice Chair Nikki Daruwala
The committee has created several subcommittees to drive forward the priorities of year one:
- Resources and Provider Community
- Service Gaps
- Social Determinants of Health
If you have any questions about the committee's work, email Assistant County Administrator Valmarie Turner or Human Services Project Manager Shalom Black in the Office of the County Administrator.
The Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee encourages members of the public to attend committee meetings, which will be posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar.
The September 17, 2020, meeting will be held in person, but there is a remote participation option. See loudoun.gov/remoteparticipation for details.
There will also be opportunities for other members of the community to participate in the effort through ad hoc committees, which are expected to convene as needed on specific topics related to the implementation of the Human Services Strategic Plan.