Nonprofit Grant Funding
Beginning November 13, 2019, Loudoun County is accepting applications from community nonprofits for Fiscal Year 2021 (FY 2021) funding starting July 1, 2020.
The purpose of the county’s nonprofit grant program is to strengthen the county’s coordination and collaboration with nonprofit partners, and ensure opportunities for local funds to be leveraged in the most effective manner for core safety net services that assist vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families in meeting a critical need for safety, health, security and independence.
Loudoun County prioritizes investment in high quality human services that provide significant outcomes for county residents.
Tax-exempt, private, nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations are eligible to apply. Funding will be focused on services in the following areas of need:
- Prevention and Self-sufficiency
- Crisis Intervention and Diversion
- Long-term Support
- Improved Quality of Human Services
The FY 2021 nonprofit grants application is online. The application is due by 12:00 p.m., December 20, 2019.
If you have questions about the nonprofit grant funding process, please send an email.
- Sign up to receive updates on the nonprofit grant funding process in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- View all updates on the nonprofit grant funding process.
Nonprofit Mini-Grants Process
The mini-grants process involves a simplified application for any organization applying for a small grant of $5,000 or less. The mini-grants program will help small or new organizations build capacity or support small-scale innovative ideas or projects. The mini-grant application cycle runs concurrent with the standard nonprofit application process and is accessed through the same application. The guidance for mini-grants is included in the grant manual.
Application Development Workshops
Loudoun County is holding an application development workshop for prospective applicants. The workshop will be offered twice on Friday, November 15, 2019:
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Cascades Library, Meeting Room A, 21030 Whitfield Place, Potomac Falls
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Rust Library, 380 Old Waterford Road NW, Leesburg
The workshop is strongly recommended for all organizations seeking grant funding. The workshop will cover changes to the application. There is no need to pre-register or RSVP for either session.
Helpful information on topics relevant to nonprofits, including webinars from previous years, is available:
- FY 2021 Grant Application Development Webinar
- FY 2021 Nonprofit Proposal Development Training
- Grants 101 Webinar
- Grant Outcomes and Evaluation Webinar
- Strategic Planning Presentation
Email us with any questions.