- Departments & Offices
- Parks, Recreation & Community Services
- Programs & Activities
- PRCS Inclement Weather Closure Guidelines
PRCS Inclement Weather Closure Guidelines
- Loudoun County Government Closure Status
- LCPS Closure Status
- PRCS Weekend Closures
- Outdoor Field/Facility & Pool Closures
When Loudoun County Government is Closed (for inclement weather):
- All PRCS facilities are closed and all programs, activities and classes are canceled.
When Loudoun County Government is on Unscheduled Leave:
- All PRCS facilities will be open with normal operating hours, and programs will be run with reduced staff.
- Adult Day Centers will open at 9:00 a.m. No transportation service will be provided.
- Senior centers will be open with normal operating hours; however, no home delivered meals or transportation services will be provided.
- Participants should contact facility or program staff to confirm which classes/activities will operate as scheduled and which are cancelled.
When Loudoun County Government Closes Early (prior to normal close of business):
- Parents must make arrangements to pick up their children from all PRCS programs and locations immediately.
- Families must make arrangement to pick up clients from Adult Day Centers immediately.
- PRCS facilities will remain open until the last child or Adult Day Care client has been picked up.
When Loudoun County Public Schools announces schools are Closed (and County Government is open):
- Licensed preschool classes at Community and Recreation Centers are canceled; however, optional programs (Snow Day Camps) will be available.
- All other PRCS programs will operate as scheduled.
- All PRCS-sponsored activities held at indoor and outdoor LCPS facilities, including CASA and YAS, are canceled.
When LCPS announces a Delayed Start:
- All PRCS facilities are open with normal operating hours and programs will run as scheduled.
When LCPS announces Early Dismissal (prior to normal close of business):
- All PRCS-sponsored activities held at indoor and outdoor LCPS facilities, including CASA and YAS, are cancelled.
- Parents and school officials are responsible for implementing any emergency pick-up arrangements during school hours.
When LCPS cancels Evening Activities (but schools do not close early):
- CASA and YAS programs will be held with normal operating hours.
- If weather conditions worsen during CASA or YAS hours, parents may be contacted to pick up participants early at the direction of the PRCS Director. CASA and YAS staff will remain on site until all participants have been picked up.
When LCPS holds Evening Activities (but schools are closed)
- When schools are closed for inclement weather, but announce evening activities will be held, participants can check the status of PRCS-sponsored sports activities for each school on the Field Status page.
- The closure or delayed opening of PRCS facilities on weekends and holidays due to inclement weather will be posted on the PRCS webpage Opens a New Window. and social media.
- Athletic field and facility closures for inclement weather will be made no later than 3 p.m. The status will be noted on the Field Status page. Once play begins, closure of athletic fields and facilities for inclement weather will be communicated to users.
- All outdoor athletic facilities and pools are closed when lightning is confirmed. Facilities will remain closed until thirty (30) minutes have passed since the last clap of thunder or flash of lightening.
- Patrons are encouraged to seek appropriate shelter or return to their vehicles during lightning/storm delays.