Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Following more than 18 months of work by the Envision Loudoun Stakeholders Committee, which was comprised of various citizens and representatives of key groups within the county, and input from thousands of residents, a draft of a new Comprehensive Plan was developed.
The Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan includes the county’s General Plan and Countywide Transportation Plan. Once adopted, it will serve as the county government’s guide for land use and transportation policy for the foreseeable future.
The Planning Commission continues to hold work sessions on the draft Comprehensive Plan and is expected to present a final draft of the new plan to the Board of Supervisors in early 2019. Members of the public will also have an opportunity to provide comments on the draft plan to the Board of Supervisors during its review of the plan.
Once the Board has determined that the draft plan is ready for adoption, the draft Countywide Transportation Plan will be forwarded to the Virginia Department of Transportation for review, after which the Board will vote on the adoption of the overall Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan.
- View the October 23, 2018 Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan Draft (PDF). Opens a New Window. (General Plan and Countywide Transportation Plan).
- View General Plan Maps Opens a New Window.
- View Countywide Transportation Plan Maps Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
Planning Commission Work Sessions
- The Planning Commission will hold a work session on the draft Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan on Saturday, February 23, 2019, at 8:30 a.m. in the Dulles Room on the first floor of the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison Street, S.E., in Leesburg.
- The next tentatively scheduled work session is Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- All work sessions are recorded and available for viewing via the webcast archives Opens a New Window. the day following the meeting. Planning Commission public hearings are televised on Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40, and Verizon FiOS Channel 40 and are also available for viewing live through the Loudoun County webcast system.
- Prior Planning Commission Work Sessions
- March 21, 2019: The Planning Commission is expected to present the Board of Supervisors with a draft Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan at the Board’s business meeting on March 21, 2019. The agenda and related documents for the Board meeting will be posted at www.loudoun.gov/bosdocuments.
- April, May, June 2019: Beginning April 3, 2019, the Board of Supervisors will hold a series of work sessions to review the plan. The complete list of work session dates and times will be posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar.
- April 24 and April 27, 2019: The Board of Supervisors will hear public comment on the Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan during public hearings scheduled for Wednesday, April 24, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 27, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
- July 2019: The Board of Supervisors tentatively is scheduled to adopt the Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan on July 2, 2019.