Board Vision and Strategic Goals
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors' Vision and Strategic Goals statements were adopted on January 2, 2013, and were re-affirmed on November 1, 2016. On January 19, 2021, the Vision Statement was modified as written below:
While appreciating and acknowledging our rich history, Loudoun County strives to be a prosperous, inclusive, equitable and sustainable community where residents feel free to live, work, learn and play.
The strategies that have enabled Loudoun County to achieve this success include:
- accelerating economic development so that the tax burden to residents is lowered, job opportunities are increased, the commercial potential of the Dulles corridor is realized, and continued levels of business growth and affluence result;
- adopting fiscal responsibility as a core principle;
- developing an effective transportation network;
- maintaining high quality educational opportunities;
- preserving the best of Loudoun County’s unique historical significance and heritage while positioning the County to be in the forefront of progressive enterprise;
- supporting the geographical and cultural diversity of small towns and rural economies (agriculture, vineyards, horse farms) in the west with planned urban neighborhoods and suburban housing, retail, and commercial infrastructure in the east;
- achieving a balance of the old and the new; of residential and commercial; of traditional values (family, community, environmental stewardship) and dynamic growth;
- streamlining County government to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and promote a positive climate for constituent interactions.
- 07-20-21: Board of Supervisors 2020-2023 Strategic Initiatives Biannual Update (PDF)
- 01-19-21 Board of Supervisors 2020-2023 Strategic Work Plan Guidance (PDF)