About the Department
The Department of Finance and Procurement provides timely and accurate processing and reporting of financial transactions and is responsible for the acquisition of all goods and services.
The Finance Division ensures that the county’s financial management and accounting systems are maintained appropriately and that county agencies and the public receive information in a timely and effective manner. The office manages internal auditing and compliance, capital financing and debt management, financial accounting, financial and budgetary reporting, internal control, payroll, and accounts payable
The Finance Division manages a centralized system for the processing, recording, maintaining, and reporting financial transactions, including preparation of the county’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report; for payment of personal services resulting from employment; for the maintenance of payroll transactions and financial records related to personnel service; and develops capital financing strategies (bond issues, lease purchase financings, etc.) for the issuance and administration of debt and other financing mechanisms.
The Division of Procurement is responsible for the acquisition of all goods and services, including professional services and construction, for Loudoun County Government operations. We are dedicated to provide quality customer service, to ensure integrity and compliance of procurement transactions, and operational excellence.
- The Loudoun County Division of Procurement is a recipient of four national awards:
- Excellence in Procurement Award from the National Purchasing Institute
- Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award from the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing
- Merit Award of Appreciation from U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance (a cooperative purchasing program founded and sponsored by National Association of Counties)
- Universal Public Procurement Certification Council's Agency Certification Award.