Teen Events & Programs
Teens of Tomorrow
September 19, 2023 thorugh November 17, 2023
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services is proud to introduce an important and new series of programs for Loudoun County teens!
Teens of Tomorrow is a series of make-and-take-style programs for ages 13 to 18 years old that center around building skills through leadership, cooperation, self-care, and others that are useful beyond the teen years. Teens of Tomorrow will feature a different activity and/or trip during each program.
Application & Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the dress code? The dress code is casual, but please follow the LCPS dress code policies.
- Can I tell my friends to apply? Yes! Please spread the word about the Summer Youth Leadership Institute.
Teen Volunteer Program
- Provides an opportunity to complete your community service hours in a dynamic setting
- Volunteer opportunities vary and may include service hours in children’s programs, parks and community centers
- Current volunteer opportunities are for high school teens.
How to participate
- Submit the PRCS volunteer application..
- Instruct your three references to complete this online reference form.. Do not complete the form yourself.
- Opens a New Window. Email Youth Services to attend volunteer orientation and receive more information.
- PRCS Code of Conduct Opens a New Window.
For Parents of Teens
- In order to develop their communication skills, teens are required to complete the application, contact references, make program inquires and handle professional communication on their own.
- To keep parents informed, teens can copy parents on email communications, and our staff will use "reply-all" when responding.
- Opportunities for teens to volunteer and help in the community throughout the county.
- Assessments and long-range planning for youth and families.
- Research, database development, and grant writing to secure funding for direct service agencies.
- Development of and participation in private / public collaborative efforts to fill gaps in services.
- Information and referral, publication of comprehensive resource guides and awareness of campaign materials.
- Community education efforts through community groups and schools, including theater productions aimed at AIDS, teen pregnancy prevention, and tobacco use prevention.
PRCS provides diverse and inclusive youth outreach services targeting antisocial behaviors, juvenile delinquency, school drop-out prevention and the promotion of personal responsibility through the cultivation of self-esteem and self-image.
Youth outreach includes after-school programs in partnership with community organizations, mentoring programs, Loudoun County Public Schools, Loudoun County Juvenile Court Services and intervention programs.
Youth Advisory Council
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a student-led organization of highly motivated teens who reside in Loudoun County. As a leadership-development, community-service and civic-engagement program, mentoring is provided by PRCS Youth Initiative and Teen Services specialists.
YAC hosts four committees with elected chairs who report to the elected YAC Board members. New members are welcome to join the following committees based on operational needs.
- Programming: Plan, organize and implement events (e.g., Battle of the Bands, LoCo ImprovFest, Step Up Loudoun).
- Creative: Maintain the YAC website Opens a New Window. and host public speaking events for teens.
- Outreach: Market YAC and events to the community and manage YAC social media.
- Policy & Activism: Enhances involvement in leadership and community service opportunities throughout the county.
YAC also serves as a recognized medium for presenting ideas and opinions of Loudoun County’s youth to the community and its leaders. Elected YAC Board members sit on the Board of Supervisors-appointed Advisory Commission on Youth, ensuring that Loudoun’s youth voice is heard by elected officials.
- Briar Woods High School
- Broad Run High School
- Dominion High School
- Freedom High School
- Heritage High School
- Independence High School
- John Champe High School
- Lightridge High School
- Loudoun County High School
- Loudoun Valley High School
- North Star School
- Park View High School
- Potomac Falls High School
- Riverside High School
- Rock Ridge High School
- Stone Bridge High School
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Tuscarora High School
- Woodgrove High School
- W.O. Robey High School