June 11, 2019 Primary Election
A Primary Election has been called and is hereby scheduled on June 11, 2019, for the purpose of nominating candidates for offices to be voted on in the November 5, 2019 General Election. Scroll to bottom of page to view sample ballots for each district.
Democratic Party primaries will be held for the following offices;
- Member, Senate of Virginia, District 31
- Member, Senate of Virginia, District 33
- Member, Virginia House of Delegates, District 87
- Member, Board of Supervisors, Sterling District
Republican Party primaries will be held for the following office;
- Member, Senate of Virginia, District 13
Information for Voters
This election is open to all registered voters in Loudoun County. The Commonwealth of Virginia does not recognize party affiliation when registering citizens to vote. Note that in precincts holding BOTH a Democratic and Republican Primary voters will be asked to choose which parties ballot they wish to vote. Voters may only vote in one primary per Virginia Code §24.2-530.
- Polling Place: Vote at your normal polling location.
- Hours: Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Online Voter Registration Deadline: Monday, May 20, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. - register/update at www.vote.virginia.gov
- In-Person Voter Registration Deadline: Monday, May 20, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- By-Mail Voter Registration Deadline: Postmarked no later than May 20, 2019.
- To verify registration and precinct information visit the Virginia Department of Elections website
- Loudoun County relies on dedicated citizens to serve as Officers of Election and work the polls on election day. Learn more.
Absentee Voting Information
Ballots for both In-Person and By-Mail Absentee Voting will be available and absentee voting will begin on Friday, April 26, 2019. Applications for absentee ballots by mail will be processed and ballots mailed on this date. Visit www.vote.virginia.gov to apply to have an absentee ballot mailed to you. Please note that if you apply online the ballot will be mailed to your home and should be returned via U.S. mail. If you intend to appear at the Office of Elections and vote Absentee In-Person you should not apply online, simply visit the office during regular business hours.
- Last day to apply to have a ballot mailed to you is Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Last day to vote an absentee ballot in person is Saturday, June 8, 2019 (office will be open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
In-Person Absentee Voting
In-Person Absentee Voting Location and Schedule (no satellite voting location for this election):
Loudoun County Office of Elections
750 Miller Drive SE, Suite C
Leesburg, VA 20175
Monday through Friday (April 27 through June 7, 2019) - 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, June 8, 2019 - 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What's on Your Ballot?
Voters are encouraged to double check their voting precinct at www.vote.virginia.gov to ensure they know their precinct number and are viewing the correct ballot.
Sample ballots are being finalized and will be posted the week of April 22, 2019.
To ch Opens a New Window.