The Loudoun County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) serves as of point of contact for the receipt of reports from the regulated community as outlined in the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA) of 1986, Title III, known as the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA).
Facilities with chemicals equal to or exceeding the threshold limits outlined by EPCRA should submit their Tier II reports to the Office of Emergency Management (OEM) by March 1 of each year, utilizing one of the methods listed below:
- By email. The preferred format for electronic submission is PDF. Loudoun County does not accept ZIP files.
- United States Postal Service:
Tier II Reporting
Office of Emergency Management
P.O. Box 7100
Leesburg VA 20177-7100
- At the present time, Loudoun County OEM does not accept "E-Plan" for Tier II submissions.
- There is no filing fee associated with the Tier II Report submission.
- Loudoun County OEM will make notification to other agencies regarding the Tier II submission. This includes the appropriate fire and rescue company, and the county's Hazardous Materials Response Team, Fire Marshal's Office and Sheriff's Office.
For additional information regarding Tier II reporting, visit the Environmental Protection Agency website.
Email the Office of Emergency Management