Bus Time User Manual
Information About Loudoun County Commuter Bus Route Displays in Bus Time
The Bus Time system displays the routes to and from Rosslyn, Crystal City, the Pentagon and Washington, D.C. differently than the Loudoun County Transit printed schedules. Bus Time routes are based on the first pickup location in the morning and the last drop off location in the evening. The system uses "Inbound" to describe morning routes and "outbound" to describe afternoon/evening routes. The routes are broken down as follows:
- Runs starting or ending at Ashburn North, Christian Fellowship Church or Telos are Route 100
- Runs starting or ending at Dulles South or Brambleton are Route 200
- Runs starting or ending at Dulles North are Route 300
- Runs starting or ending at Purcellville, Harmony or Leesburg are Route 400
Using Dulles South as an example, in Bus Time the morning and afternoon/evening routes are the same, Route 200. On the printed schedules, the morning runs are the 200 series and the afternoon/evening runs are the 600 series. The Bus Time program uses direction to distinguish between the morning and afternoon/evening routes (morning routes = "Inbound" and afternoon/evening routes = "Outbound"). Please note that this distinction is only used when viewing the routes in Bus Time. The displays on the front of the buses will continue to show the appropriate run (201E, 202W, 601, 602, etc.).
- Morning Runs from Broad Run Farms, Cascades, Our Lady of Hope and Lowes Island are Route 901
- Morning Runs from Leesburg and Harmony are Route 921
- Morning Runs from Goose Creek Village and Broadlands are Route 923
- Morning Runs from Loudoun Station are Route 925
- Morning Runs from the Dulles Town Center are Route 87X
- Morning Routes from East Gate are Route 88X
- Evening Runs to Broad Run Farms, Cascades, Our Lady of Hope and Lowes Island are Route 902
- Evening Runs to Leesburg and Harmony are Route 922
- Evening Runs to Goose Creek Village and Broadlands are Route 924
- Evening Runs to Loudoun Station are Route 926
- Evening Runs to the Dulles Town Center are Route 87X
- Evening Runs to East Gate are Route 88X
- The real-time information system will only show predicted times for buses that are scheduled to arrive at the selected stop within 30 minutes. Any bus that is due to arrive at the stop between 30 and 45 minutes will show the scheduled time, not the predicted arrival time. Buses scheduled to arrive after 45 minutes are not shown on the real-time information screen.
- If you are looking at a particular bus stop and the predicted arrival time of the bus doesn't seem to be changing, it is likely that the bus is stopped for an incident (flat tire, accident, presidential motorcade, etc). If this happens, you should receive an LC Alert or SV Alert with information regarding the incident.
- The "Sign In" and "Create Account" functions listed at the top of the main Bus Time web page are not fully functional at this time. You can create a sign-in but the alerts and text notification functions are not operational.