Terminating Assistance

Giving Up a Voucher

You may voluntarily terminate assistance at any time by giving up your voucher. If you wish to do so, you must submit a written request to your housing counselor. If this happens, the lease remains in effect and you will be responsible for paying the entire rent amount. 

Department Terminating Your Voucher

Loudoun County Department of Family Services may also terminate your voucher because of program violations.  Assistance will also be terminated if the landlord evicts you in accordance with the lease, state and local laws. 

Breaches or Violations

LCDFS may stop making assistance payments to the landlord and terminate their contract if they breach the contract, violate the lease, or do not abide by the terms of the program.