Transit Development Plan
The Loudoun County Transit Development Plan is intended to be a ten-year, mid-term service plan document with adjustments made annually, as necessary, to keep the plan current. The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) requires that a TDP be completely updated every six years. The TDP is designed to help transit operators improve their efficiency and effectiveness by identifying needs and required resources for modifying and enhancing services provided to the general public. These plans also provide a solid foundation for funding requests and feed directly into the programming process. DRPT has worked with each transit agency/operator in the state of Virginia, including Loudoun County, to develop local TDPs, which are part of the Statewide Transit Plan.
On June 23, 2016, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved the FY 2017 to 2022 Transit Development Plan. The updated Transit Development Plan that has been updated to a ten-year plan can be viewed:
- FY 2018 - 2028 Transit Development Plan (PDF)
- FY 2017 Local Fixed Route Transit Service Map (PDF) (existing service)
- FY 2017 Metro Connection Transit Service Map (PDF) (existing service)
- FY 2020 Local Fixed Route Transit Service Map (PDF) (Post Metrorail service - TDP recommended)
- FY 2020 Metro Connection Transit Service Map (PDF) (Post Metrorail service - TDP recommended)
- FY 2020 Local Fixed Route-Metro Connection Combined Transit Service Map (PDF) (Post Metrorail service - TDP recommended)
Other studies of interest:
- Countywide Transportation Plan
- Loudoun County Bus Fare Analysis (PDF)
- Transportation Demand Management Plan (PDF)
In accordance with Title VI and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) requirements, please contact Loudoun County Transit at 703-737-8562, TTY 711, to request reasonable Title VI or ADA accommodations, including printed material in an alternate format or translated and interpreter services for public events. If information is needed in another language, email Catherine Motivans, Accessibility Services Manager, in the Loudoun County Division of Public Affairs and Communications, or call 571-258-3282. Requests for assistance at public events must be received at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled event.