Administrative Operations Committee
The Administrative Operations Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every month.
Emergency Medical Services Operations Committee
The Emergency Medical Services Operations Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month.
Fire Operations Committee
The general purpose of the Fire Operations Committee is to:
- Serve as a principal advisory body to the Loudoun County Fire-Rescue Commission, to the Loudoun County of Fire and Rescue Department, and to the individual county volunteer organizations for subjects related to fire suppression and rescue operations.
- Recommend and coordinate fire and rescue plans, procedures, and standards for uniform service delivery to the citizens of Loudoun County.
- Ensure the effective use of existing and future fire related facilities, services, manpower, and apparatus within the framework of the overall Loudoun County fire and rescue services organization.
- Represent the interests of Loudoun County fire and rescue organizations in regional, state, interstate, and national fire services planning and programs.
- The Fire Operations Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month.
Each eligible Loudoun County volunteer fire company appoints two delegates and one alternate to represent their company. Both delegates are voting members and the alternate may act in absence of a primary delegate.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Council
The general purpose of the EMS Council is to:
- Coordinate lay and professional responsibilities and interests in emergency medical services with the County of Loudoun on emergency medical services affecting citizens and visitors of Loudoun County.
- Serve as the principal advisory body on emergency medical services to governmental and non-governmental agencies in Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Develop and facilitate broad countywide comprehensive emergency medical service plans and priorities, to stimulate and coordinate action, and otherwise ensure the effective use of existing and future medical facilities, services, and manpower within the framework of the overall comprehensive health planning effort for Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Represent the interests of Loudoun County, Virginia in regional, state, interstate and national emergency medical services planning and programs.
The EMS Council also has sub committees to focus on specific topics within EMS:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Committee
- ALS (Advanced Life Support) Committee
- 7:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month
Each eligible company appoints two delegates who will represent their agency and act as voting members. Two alternates will also be appointed and may act in the absence of the primary delegates.
Committees Staff Contact
Christine Langley-Obaugh, Executive Liaison
- Phone: 703-777-0333
- Email Christine Langley-Obaugh