Due to a labor action by the employees of Loudoun's Transit contractor, several bus routes are not in service. Local, Silver Line and Commuter bus service schedules have been impacted. Visit loudoun.gov/buschanges for updates. Read On...
Local Bus Service
Loudoun County Transit provides weekday, and limited Saturday, local fixed-route bus service from Purcellville through Leesburg and eastern Loudoun County. The majority of service operates from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., with the exception of the Route 70 and the Route 82 which continue operating until 10:00 p.m.
- View the Fares page for more information about bus fares.
- All buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and are wheelchair accessible. Loudoun County Transit also provides paratransit service for those eligible persons with disabilities.
- All local buses are equipped with bike racks.
- View information about Loudoun County Transit’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Routes 72, 84 and 985 Canceled and Replaced with Silver Line Bus Service
Beginning November 16, 2022, all Metro Connection and some Local bus routes, including Routes 72, 84 and 985, will be replaced with Silver Line bus routes. If your route has been canceled, view loudoun.gov/buschanges for new Silver Line bus route recommendations.
Loudoun County Transit has begun to phase-in all new Silver Line Bus Service. Twenty-one new Silver Line bus routes provide weekday service to and from 156 convenient local stops, including Loudoun County Park and Ride Lots and Silver Line Metrorail Stations.
- For schedules and more information, visit loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes.
Any schedule changes due to holidays, inclement weather, special events, etc. or any proposed new schedules can be found on the bus changes web page. Otherwise, select the appropriate route number from the schedule list below.
- Route 40 (PDF): Purcellville Connector (Virginia Regional Transit Service)
- Routes 55, 56 and 57 (PDF): Leesburg Routes (Includes Safety Ride)
- Route 62 (PDF): Ashburn Connector
- Route 70 (PDF): Leesburg to Sterling via Leesburg Pike
- Route 80 (PDF): Sugarland Run Connector
- Route 81 (PDF): Countryside Connector
- Route 82 (PDF): Sterling Connector
- Schedule changes due to holidays, inclement weather, special events, or proposed new schedules can be found on the bus service changes page.
- Get Transit app for bus rider alerts and trip planning.
Watch this video in Spanish on YouTube here.
- New riders are encouraged to review the information on the rider information page to learn more about bus service, planning a trip, service alerts, and how to ride safely.
For more information or answers to questions about the Loudoun County bus system, please call 703-771-5665 or email us.