Child Care Providers & Zoning

  1. Zoning Permit
  2. Notification of Parties
  3. Other Requirements
  4. FAQs

A Child Care Home with more than four (4) "non-resident" children under the age of 13 must apply for a county zoning permit. In addition, Child Care Homes must comply with the regulations in Article 5: Section 5-609, and Article 8 of the Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance

Required Permits

To apply for a zoning permit for a Child Care Home, the provider will need to submit the following:

Submit an application

Submit the completed permit application and required drawings in one of the following ways: 

Pay application fees

Permit fees must be paid once the county has completed the review process and you are notified that the permit is ready to be issued.  Permits must be issued before your project can begin.


For assistance with completing the permit application, contact Building and Development at 703-777-0220.