Courts Complex Expansion
- The Courts Complex Expansion project includes the design and construction of a new 92,000-square-foot Courthouse and renovation of existing Courts facilities, including new parking facilities.
- The new Courthouse will be located on the current Church Street Parking Lot at the corner of Church Street and Edwards Ferry Road in downtown Leesburg.
- The existing Courthouse (18 East Market Street) and historic Valley Bank building (20 East Market Street) will be renovated.
- Parking lots and pedestrian access to the Courts buildings will be improved. A new parking garage is being constructed at the existing Pennington Lot.
Current Status: August 2019
- The expected opening of the new Pennington Parking Garage at the Loudoun County Courts Complex on August 1, 2019, has been delayed until further notice to allow more time for the construction team to complete the final details on the garage and to test some of the garage’s technology systems. The garage will have 717 spaces on four levels.
- Loudoun County hosted a public information meeting on the courthouse project on July 16, 2019 in Leesburg. The project design team briefed residents on proposed work slated for the complex.
- Loudoun County has issued requests for bids for construction of the new Courthouse. After receipt of the construction bids and award of the construction contract to the successful bidder, construction will begin in fall 2019.
- Construction is expected to take 30 months.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates on the Courts Complex Expansion.
- Sign up to receive updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- July 16, 2019 Loudoun County Courthouse Expansion Phase III Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- April 23, 2019: Project Status Update (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Pennington Parking Structure Presentation (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FY 2014 Adopted CIP: Courts Complex Phase III Description (PDF)
- For questions about the Courthouse project, Email Courts Expansion or call 703-771-5564.
- For questions about the Pennington Parking Garage, Email Scott Worrest or call 571-258-3876.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.