ADU Resale Information
If you are interested in selling your ADU Program property, please click on the link below to access the Seller's Guide to Resales and follow the instructions provided. Please include a complete description of your home including:
- if the Property Has a Garage
- Number of Bedrooms
- Square Footage of the Home
- Type of Heat
In addition, please include what your monthly condo / HOA fees are and what the fee includes. Please see also, "Suggestions for Efficient Resale Process" (PDF) and "Reimbursable Home Improvements" (PDF) documents provided.
Suggestions for Efficient Resale Process
Please click on the link below to be taken to the guide that offers suggestions to ensuring that the resale process proceeds in a timely manner.
Reimbursable Home Improvements
ADU Program guidelines allow homeowners to increase the value of the ADU property when they make ADU Program-approved improvements to the home. Please click on the link below to be taken to the guide "Reimbursable Home Improvements" for more information.
In order to receive reimbursement for approved home improvements, the seller is required to submit the following documentation prior to the home being offered for sale through the program:
- Photographs of the completed improvement(s)
- Copy of original paid-in-full receipt(s)
- Copy of documentation from Loudoun County that the home improvement was inspected and passed inspection (for improvements like a deck, finishing a basement, adding a bath or half-bath and anything involving electrical and / or plumbing work).
- If you cannot provide receipts, or if the seller performed the home improvement, the seller can pay a Virginia-licensed appraiser to appraise the home improvements that were made and assign a value to the improvement.
- If a fence, deck or patio was completed, a letter from the Homeowners / Condominium Association must be submitted to the Department of Family Services indicating that the fence, deck or patio was approved.