Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
New Silver Line Bus Service – Routes Began November 16, 2022
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022, Loudoun County Transit began to phase-in Silver Line Bus Service. Twenty-one new Silver Line bus routes provide weekday service to and from 156 convenient local stops, including Loudoun County Park and Ride Lots and Silver Line Metrorail Stations.
Due to a nationwide bus driver shortage, the county will initially provide Silver Line bus services on limited schedules. As a result, some routes will be served by temporary vans instead of the county’s standard transit buses. Initially, the new Routes 331, 332, 341, 342, 343, 344, 351, 373, 374, and 375 will be serviced by a Loudoun County Transit van (shown below).
In addition, the county’s contractor, Keolis, has indicated a potential for a driver strike in the coming weeks. If a strike occurs, the county’s bus services could be further impacted. Any changes to the county’s bus services will be announced as quickly as possible.
- Silver Line bus routes and schedules are provided at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes.
- View the Silver Line bus service news release.
Bus passengers are advised to check this page frequently for Silver Line bus service changes and updates.
Free Silver Line Bus Fares Until January 3, 2023
Bus fare collections are waived on the Silver Line bus routes, including the accompanying paratransit Services, through January 2, 2023. Paratransit bus service that offers ADA-accessible buses will also have a waived fee within three quarters of a mile of the new routes through January 2, 2023. The collection of fares on the Silver Line bus routes will resume on January 3, 2023.
Local and Metro Connection Bus Service Change
Routes 72, 84, 87X, 88X, 901/902, 923/924, 925/926/927, 931/932, 985, and 990/992 are canceled and have been replaced by Silver Line bus routes. All remaining Local bus routes will operate on a regular schedule.
The following Silver Line bus route information is provided to assist passengers with replacing canceled routes:
- Route 72 passengers are advised to view the new Route 320/321 schedule (PDF) for stops at Ashburn and Innovation Center Metrorail Stations, George Washington University, and One Loudoun.
- Route 84 passengers are advised to view the new Route 322 schedule (PDF) for stops at Innovation Center Metrorail Station and Dulles Town Center Park and Ride.
- Route 87X passengers are advised to view the new Routes 320/321 schedule (PDF) for stops at Innovation Center Metrorail Station and the Dulles Town Center Park and Ride.
- Route 88X passengers are advised to view the following new schedules:
- Routes 901/902 passengers are advised to view the new Route 312 schedule (PDF) for stops at Reston Town Center Metro Station.
- Routes 923/924 and 925/926/927 passengers are advised to select routes that include stops at the Ashburn and Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Stations from those listed at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes and to review the park and ride lot closure information below.
- Routes 931/932 passengers are advised to view the new Route 391 schedule (PDF) for stops at Ashburn Metrorail Station.
- Route 985 passengers are advised to view the new Route 323 schedule (PDF) for stops at the Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Station.
- Routes 990/992 passengers are advised to view the new Route 333 schedule (PDF) for stops at Loudoun Gateway Metrorail Station.
Park and Ride Lot Closures – Broadlands 772 and Loudoun Station
Effective Wednesday, November 16, 2022, Loudoun County Transit will permanently close the Broadlands 772 Park and Ride lot at 43442 Moorefield Boulevard, Ashburn, Va. and Loudoun Station Park and Ride lot at 43730 Central Station Drive, Ashburn, Va. The following information is provided to assist customers with selecting replacement lots and services:
- Routes 923/924 and 925/926/927 passengers are advised to select new bus routes with access to Silver Line Metrorail Stations at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes.
- Carpool and Vanpool customers are advised to visit loudoun.gov/parkandridelots to view alternative lot locations near you.
- Metrorail Station parking information is provided at loudoun.gov/silverline.
Thanksgiving Holiday Bus Service Changes - November 23 through 25, 2022
In observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday, Loudoun County Transit has made the following bus service changes from November 23 through 25, 2022, as follows:
- On Wednesday, November 23, 2022, the Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle from the Pennington Garage and Lot to the Courthouse will stop running at 1:30 p.m.
- On Thursday, November 24, 2022, there will be no bus service. Commuter, Local, and Silver Line bus services, and the Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle will not run.
- On Friday, November 25, 2022:
Commuter Bus Service
Commuter Bus Service will not run.
Local Bus Service
Local Bus Service will operate as scheduled. View schedules at loudoun.gov/localbus.
Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle
The Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle from the Pennington Garage and Lot to the Courthouse will not run.
Silver Line Bus Service
Silver Line Bus Service will operate as scheduled. View schedules at loudoun.gov/silverlinebusroutes.
Service Change Notifications
- All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
- To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/transitapp.
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please be aware that the Department of Transportation & Capital Infrastructure (DTCI), which includes Loudoun County Transit, will close at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23, 2022, and remain closed until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, November 28, 2022. Loudoun County Transit service representatives will respond to inquiries received during the closures when the office reopens.