Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
When there are service changes or schedule adjustments for Loudoun County Transit bus services, they will be posted here.
Bus Service Changes for Monday, February 18, 2019 – Presidents Day
Premium Commuter Bus Service
- There will be NO Premium Commuter Bus services operating.
Metro Connection Bus Services including Route 931/932
- There will be NO Metro Connection bus services operating, this includes the Route 931/932.
- Routes 72, 84 and 985 will operate on regular schedules.
Local Fixed Route Bus services
- All Local Fixed Route bus services will operate on regular schedules.
- Routes 990, 992, 993 and 994 will operate on regular schedules.
- On Monday, 02/18/2019 there will be bus service to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station on Route 72 from Ashburn North, Route 84 from the Dulles Town Center Park & Ride Lot and Route 985 from Sterling. Schedules for these routes can be found at www.loudoun.gov/localbus.
Staff recommend that all riders monitor this web page, www.loudoun.gov/buschanges, on a regular basis for possible service changes this winter. The voice mail message at 703-771-5665 will be updated should any service changes occur.
Attention Loudoun County Commuter Bus Riders:
The Loudoun County Transit and Commuter Services staff is seeking input from our customers regarding interest in Loudoun County providing Wi-Fi services on the commuter bus fleet traveling to/from Rosslyn, the Pentagon, Crystal City and Washington, DC.
Even if you have no interest in Wi-Fi services, staff asks that you please consider taking the survey as there is a question directly related to raising the fares to cover the costs of providing WiFi services. The link below is to a quick 5 question survey:
This survey will remain open through Sunday, February 17, 2019 and the results will be presented to the Finance Government Operations and Economic Development Committee on March 12, 2019.
Thank you in advance for assisting staff in gathering the data needed to consider adding this service.
Send Your Comments
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.