- Sign permits are required prior to the installation of signs.
- The property owner is required to sign all zoning applications per the zoning ordinance.
- If that is not possible, an original notarized affidavit naming who can sign on the owner's behalf must be presented at the time of submittal.
- Requires a sign permit application with two copies of the sign drawings (no larger than 8.5 inches by 14 inches) showing the sign dimension, elevation view of the sign on the building, and what the sign will say.
- If the sign is electric, you will need an electric permit application with one copy of the hook-up drawings. All paperwork pertaining to sign submittal must be submitted together as a package.
Monument Sign or a Freestanding Sign Over 20 Square Feet
- In addition to the requirements for the building mounted sign, a building permit application with three sets of architectural drawings is required.
- Two site plans or plats marking the location of the sign and the distance to the right of way are also required.
- Commercial Sign - $235 per sign
- Temporary or Residential - $10 per sign
- Electrical permit - $65 per sign
- Building Permit - to be determined prior to issuance and based on construction cost
Note: Sign Fees are due at time of submission except for Building Permit fees
For More Information
Submit a request on Loudoun Express Request (LEx).